Florida State University Modern Languages & Linguistics
Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics
Welcome to the Chinese Program of the East Asian Division in the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics at Florida State University. We offer a comprehensive undergraduate program, including Major in Chinese Language and Culture, Chinese Major with Business Concentration, Chinese-Japanese Co-Major, as well as Chinese Minor.
| Why learn Chinese?
- It’s spoken by one out of every five people on the planet.
- It’s the key to a 5000-year-old civilization.
- It’s the official language of China—the second largest economy in the world, as well as Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- It’s one of the six working languages for the United Nations.
- It’s the second most-used language on the Internet.
- It will make your resume much more competitive in the future job market.
Explore the wonders of China Click on the thumbnail to open the picture gallery.